Should Immigration Policy Benefit CEOs and the Richest 1% --
Or All Working People?
By denying citizenship to millions of people who live and work here, those at the top can…
- Pay poverty wages, using the threat of deportation if anyone protests.
- Use those low wage levels to hold down pay and benefits for everyone else.
- Keep millions of workers from voting – giving corporate-funded candidates an even greater advantage.
That’s why all of us need a new immigration policy that provides citizenship for people who are already here – without big barriers or long delays.
WE NEED AN IMMIGRATION POLICY THAT PROTECTS US ALL BY PROVIDING CITIZENSHIP TO WORKING PEOPLE ALREADY HERE
1. Contact our elected representatives. Call U.S. Senators ? and ? and U.S. Representative ? at (202) 224-3121. Call the White House at (202) 456-1111. Or email these leaders through their websites. Tell them to provide citizenship to those who already live and work here – without delay.
2. Talk to others in your community. Discuss the issue with family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and your social media network.
3. Write a letter to the editor to [name of paper, its email address]. Keep letters under ??? words.
4. Come to community events like forums and rallies to show your support.
For more information, contact ? and ?.